Saturday, May 10, 2014

My First Mother's Day

Hubby and I knew as soon as we saw that first ultrasound that our lives would never be the same. We knew our family life was suddenly going to be much different than we had expected. We knew it would be hard. We knew we were going to love these babies more than anything else.

Even though we knew a lot of stuff going in to the pregnancy and the early months of parenting, there are wonderful little things that surprise us every day. Watching the Things start to notice and interact with each other has been a beautiful revelation. Nap times and bed time will never be the same, but the past few days have been the most amazing preview of what's to come.

They make each other laugh all the time now, which has been so much fun. I never expected how much it would mean to me to watch their faces light up when they see each other, or how one will try to help when the other is upset. It's more than I could have ever imagined, and it's totally wonderful!

The babies are eight months old today, and tomorrow will be our first Mother's Day. I'm so excited for it, but I'm looking forward even more to the Mother's Days to come.

So big!
I'm still keeping up with running three times a week, and I'm working on adding other kinds of exercise to my routine as well, to hopefully get in some strength training and increase my flexibility. Of course, carrying the Things around as they get heavier is strength training on its own! My parents gave us a running stroller, so Hubby and I have been able to run together again, as a family. We're finally enjoying some spring weather, so it's been great to take the Things out of doors, and they really enjoy all the sunshine and fresh air.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there! I hope you have a fantastic day! I'll admit that part of what I've asked for tomorrow is a nap--and I'm really looking forward to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment