Sunday, April 20, 2014

Family Weekends!

Well, we've all had a busy couple of weekends!

Last weekend, my parents (also known as Nana and Grandad) came to visit, along with my sister. The babies had a fantastic time, with lots of cuddles, play time and even a trip to the park! They were completely exhausted by the end of the visit, but they sure had a great time!

Lots of cuddles and playtime!
This weekend, we had the chance to catch up with a couple of our college professors, who are actually the reason hubby and I are together.  We got to meet up with them for brunch on Saturday, and the babies got their first trip downtown! They both did well, but Thing 2 was the life of the party! She flirted with the table next to us, blew raspberries at everyone (we teach our kids to be mature), and showed off all of her other entertaining tricks.

And today was the babies' first Easter. I can't believe how much they've grown! And, to think: last Easter we were telling hubby's grandmother that she would be getting two more great-grandbabies! We spent the afternoon with her, and the Things behaved themselves very well. There's something about babies that makes everyone smile, and that goes double for twins!

It was another busy weekend, and the babies crashed hard tonight, but it's great to see how well they do when we take them out. It makes me really look forward to the adventures we'll have this summer!

Aren't we cute?

In between all the craziness, I also managed to keep up with my 3 runs per week (including one with my dad while he was here), and I'm now up to a 3.5 mile long run. Still nowhere near my old distances or speeds, but I'm getting there! Slowly, but surely, I'm getting myself back!

No comments:

Post a Comment