Saturday, February 8, 2014

My Favorite Things: Fisher-Price Rock 'n Play Sleeper

On the advice of another new mom, I decided that the twins should sleep in Rock 'n Plays when they first came home. She mentioned how great it was for babies with reflux, and even though the Things hadn't been born yet (and we had no idea whether or not either of them would have reflux), I got my heart set on them. Turns out, it was a good thing I did, because Thing 1 actually does have reflux, and sleeping flat on his back just wasn't an option for the first few months of his life.

We got two different Rock 'n Plays; one with a vibrate feature and one without. The vibration actually was a huge lifesaver for Thing 1; it helped soothe him to sleep when he was at his fussiest and most uncomfortable.

We actually kept the Things in our room in their Rock 'n Plays for the first couple months, since we were up and down with them multiple times a night. On their worst nights, I'd actually keep the fussiest one right by my side of the bed, so I could reach out and rock them or pat them if they started to cry. They've now made the transition to crib sleeping, but we still use the sleepers for the occasional quick nap, or just hanging out around the house. They're so easy to fold up and move around, that we've used them in almost every room in our house!

In the interest of full disclosure, I know some people have had issues with mold growing under the pad, but we haven't had that issue so far. We have removed the pads and washed them several times (a necessity, with all the spitting up that goes on with two babies), and they're very easy to take care of in that department.

The Things have been excellent sleepers from very early on, and I think we can give at least part of the credit to the Rock 'n Plays! You can find more information on the Rock 'n Plays here.

The Things taking a nap

No comments:

Post a Comment