Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Crazy Weekend!

Last week marked the first time my BFF got to meet the Things, and it was an awesome, crazy visit! We've known each other since first period, first day, freshman year of high school, and we've been--what?--two peas-in-a-pod, inseparable, two hellions running amok...ever since! We've both changed a lot in the years since we've known each other, but it never ceases to amaze me that we can still pick up right where we left off every time we're together.

Obviously, since we no longer live in the same state, we don't get to visit as much as we'd like, but we make the best of it when we can. Her last visit was necessarily sedate, as there wasn't much physical activity I could handle, being enormously pregnant.

This time around, we managed to make it a bit more like old times. BFF got me running with her when we lived in DC together, and we've both stuck with it. There's nothing better than catching up with a run when we get together, so I'm so glad the weather cooperated while she was here! We ran the farthest I have run since that half-marathon we ran last February, and actually got up to some decent speeds. I lost a lot of my speed and distance while I was out of commission for so long, so it was really nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel! I may not be there yet, but I know I can get back into shape, especially if I have friends to keep me motivated!

Naturally, there was plenty of hanging out with the Things to be done, and we watched lots of Olympics and ate tasty food as well. Visits where we do lots of sight-seeing are great, but I almost prefer the quiet ones where we can just catch up on what's going on in our lives, and just hang out together!

This weekend also marked the Things' first playdate with other babies! I'm the member of a great group of women who all had twins last fall, and a few of us all live near each other. Four of us (and our significant others, and our twins, and two toddlers) all got together for an awesome afternoon, and it was amazing! The babies were all so well-behaved (and adorable!), and it was so much fun to connect with these women I've known online for months now! I can't wait for our next playdate!

At final count, there were 8 parents, 8 babies and 2 toddlers! What a day!

All in all, it was a great weekend! It feels like we managed to fit a lot into a short period of time--just thinking about it makes me sleepy!

Oh my! I almost forgot to mention: The Things are officially five months old! I can't believe how quickly the past five months have gone, and how much they've changed in that time. They seem to grow every day, and I love watching them figure things out. I'm so looking forward to seeing what changes the coming months bring for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment