Monday, February 9, 2015

Save the Ducky!

My kids love bath time. They run to the bathroom when they hear the water running, and they love to splash and float in the tub. Thing 2 in particular is inconsolable when bath time is over. I've started letting her take a bath toy with her when we leave the bath, otherwise she cries...a lot.

A couple of weeks ago, Hubby and I thought it would be a good idea to try a bubble bath. I remember loving bubble baths as a kid, and the Things love regular baths, so they'd totally have fun! Right? Not so much. As soon as their feet touched the bubbles, it was like someone was trying to kill them. There was panicked screaming and crying on their part, and confused laughter on our part. What's so scary about fluffy bubbles? Apparently, a lot.

A memory of happier bath times
Amidst the terror, Thing 1 picked up one of the rubber duckies from the tub, and attempted to stick it down my shirt. In my mind, he was saying "It's probably too late for me, but at least save the ducky!"

After a little while (and a lot of tears) I was able to convince Thing 1 that maybe bubbles weren't all bad. Maybe. At least, I got him clean!

I think it's safe to say that it'll be a while before we try bubbles again. We're back to boring, bubble-free baths, and the Things are back to their splashing, happy-bathing selves. And the ducky? I'm happy to say, he survived the incident unscathed.

No comments:

Post a Comment