Tuesday, January 13, 2015

First Run of the New Year!

So, thanks to the Things, I had to have some minor surgery late last month. I'm fine, I promise! Thanks to the surgery, though, I've had to take it easy for the past four weeks. Uuuuuuuuuuugh! It's always fun to have a couple of days to relax, but it sure gets old after a while!

Anyway, I got the all-clear to work my way back to regular activities starting yesterday!!! It's a good thing, too--I was getting cranky about not being able to run, or even pick my kids up!

Last night, I took myself to the indoor track for my first run of the New Year. It didn't suck! I only ran two miles, but I ran at a good pace, and nothing hurt! I'll count it as a win. I actually meant to take a picture of myself, because I wore my "Are my kids still chasing me?" shirt, courtesy of another mother runner. I got the shirt for Christmas, and I've been waiting (not so) patiently to wear it!

What? I'm thirsty!
I also got a water bottle from another mother runner for Christmas, but I have a really hard time holding onto it... These tiny thieves seem to think it's theirs! We've hit the "If mommy's using it, it must be better than what we have" phase, so my water bottle gets stolen quite a bit. It's a good thing they're so cute!

It's so great to be back in action! I'm taking things slowly, since I can tell I'm still healing, but at least I'm out there again. This really was the perfect time to take a break, too: the weather sucks right now, and it gets dark so early that it can be hard to find a safe time to run. For now, I'll use this time to get my strength back. I'll run indoors when I need to, outside when I can, and try to be better about doing some cross training as well. Yoga for runners is on the agenda for tonight.

Oh, and for accountability, here's where things stand with my resolution: 2 miles down, only 498 to go! It's a small start, but it's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment