Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Home Stretch

I've now been running at least a mile every day for over 30 days! I'm really proud of myself for keeping it up this far. There have definitely been days when I wanted to quit, when I felt like I was too tired to even think about getting a run in, but thanks to Hubby's encouragement and my own stubbornness, I've managed to keep the streak alive! I've started to notice over the past few days that my knees and shins are complaining a little bit on my runs, so I'm trying to be careful and not over-do it. I haven't gotten in my "long" runs the past couple of weekends, because life got in the way, but I'm okay with that (and I think my knees are, too).

Here's what I've been up to since my last post:

19. Friday, June 13th: 1 mile, 8:29, average pace: 8:29/mile My fastest mile so far, just to prove I can!
20. Saturday, June 14th: 2.08 miles, 19:38, average pace: 9:24/mile A great run with Hubby and Dad (I totally kicked their butts)!
21. Sunday, June 15th: 2.03 miles, 20:08, average pace: 9:52/mile A Father’s Day run with my Dad.
22. Monday, June 16th: 1.06 miles, 11:19, average pace: 10:38/mile A little jog with Mischa.
23. Tuesday, June 17th: 3.1 miles, 30:35, average pace: 9:52/mile An easy evening run in humid weather.
24. Wednesday, June 18th: 1.1 miles, 9:36, average pace: 8:42/mile A zippy evening mile.
25. Thursday, June 19th: 3.5 miles, 34:09, average pace: 9:45/mile Negative splits on my evening run.
26. Friday, June 20th: 2 miles, 18:30, average pace: 9:15/mile A quick run to my neighborhood running store to donate old running shoes!
27. Saturday, June 21st: 1.14 miles, 9:14, average pace: 8:05/mile My new fastest mile ever! All is takes to beat your previous PR is a mad dash in a thunderstorm/torrential downpour!
28. Sunday, June 22nd: 2.68 miles, 25:07, average pace: 9:22/mile A gentle loop around the neighborhood--my legs are definitely getting tired.
29. Monday, June 23rd: 1.3 miles, 12:56, average pace: 9:56/mile Met some new neighbors expecting their first baby in August!
30. Tuesday, June 24th: 3.1 miles, 30:14, average pace: 9:45/mile Another run that felt like a swim, trying to take it easy on my knees and shins.
31. Wednesday, June 25th: 1.15 miles, 10:02, average pace: 8:43/mile Felt pretty strong tonight, striding and gliding along.

It's a huge relief to be able to see the finish line of this challenge. Only 9 runs to go! I can do that, no problem! Right? Right?

Bath time!
The Things are now 41 weeks old, and we're seeing fun new changes with them. Up until very recently, as soon as 5:30 rolled around, it was time to get ready for bed, or you'd have a huge meltdown from an over-tired Thing 1. But all of a sudden, they're both becoming more social at night. They want to stay awake longer and visit more, instead of just passing out as soon as they've finished their bottle. There are still some nights where it's lights out right away, but Hubby and I are enjoying having a little more time with them in the evenings. They're starting to develop real personalities (really funny personalities), and it's so much fun to see them in action! I can't get over how cute and silly they are, and it's so much fun to watch them learn new things together. One of my favorite things right now is when they both decide they need to climb on Mommy right away. It's usually in the mornings when we're playing downstairs; they'll both crawl over as fast as they can, and climb into my lap. Sometimes there are tears, when one gets jealous of the other, but there's nothing warm and fuzzier than having two little people who can't wait to snuggle with you!


Four generations!
The Things had a great first Father's Day visiting with my family. We got to visit with Nana, Grandad and Gigi, and the babies had lots of cuddles and play time! They also had their first trip to the pool! Thing 2 had a fantastic time--she was totally happy, as long as she was getting wet (I had to keep splashing her in the lazy river, otherwise she'd fidget). I think we've got a little water bug on our hands! I'm pretty sure Thing 1 would have been just as happy, had he not decided that he desperately needed a nap right then. We didn't get to spend as long at the pool as Thing 2 would have liked, but it's great to know that these two like more than just splashing in the tub!

As we head into summer, I know we're going to have lots of adventures together, and I'm really looking forward to them. The things are very excited to sleep through their first fireworks next week!
 
Papa Bear and his Baby Bears

No comments:

Post a Comment